BRM provides financial institutions a wide array of cost effective services including:
Policy and Procedure/Internal Controls Analysis & Development
BRM relies on many years of experience to provide a resource in:
- Comprehensive reviews of current policies and procedures.
- Establishment of non-existent policies & procedures.
- Establishment of a preliminary risk assessment.
- Development of mandatory functional and regulatory policies.
- Establishment of a Board of Directors review of policies.
- A “bottom-up” approach to procedure flowcharting.
- Production of comprehensive, uniform policies & procedures, tailored to your organization.
By using BRM expertise, the institution will have a comprehensive set of policies and procedures.
BRM has developed a comprehensive risk analysis for all functional areas of a financial institution. This analysis focuses on:
- Risks defined by federal regulators using a proprietary risk analysis model
- Management involvement
- Internal audit
- External audit
This extensive analysis, mandated by the Federal Government, is to provide the institution the tools needed to mitigate inherent risks in the financial sector.
Initial & Ongoing Internal Audits
BRM provides a cost effective outsourcing of the internal audit function. Both initial and ongoing audits consist of:
- Branch Security
- Cash Control
- Wire Transfer Control
- Lending Control
- Reconciliation and Balancing Control
- Financial Privacy (Gramm-Leach-Bliley)
- Bank Secrecy Act (USA PATRIOT Act)
BRM produces a report to the Audit Committee or Board of Directors enumerating any weaknesses the organization might have while giving recommendations as to the most effective ways of managing them.
Compliance Examinations & Reviews
BRM provides a cost effective outsourcing of the compliance function. Examinations consist of:
- Regulation B Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Regulation C Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Regulation D Reserve Requirements (NOW Account eligibility)
- Regulation E Electronic Funds Transfer
- Regulation K International Bank Operations
- Regulation M Consumer Leasing
- Regulation O Loans to Officers
- Regulation P Right to Financial Privacy
- Regulation Q Interest on Demand Deposits
- Regulation V Fair Credit Reporting
- Regulation Z Truth in Lending
- Regulation AA Unfair Practices
- Regulation CC Expedited Funds Availability
- Regulation DD Truth in Savings
- Fair Housing Act
- Fair Lending Act
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Advertising of Membership
BRM utilizes modified federal examination workpapers, which are both available in digital and hard copy to the institution. Whether it is a regulatory response or a pre-emptive examination, BRM can assist your institution.
Regulatory Act Program Development
BRM provides customized programs to comply with the following regulatory acts:
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley of 1999
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Community Reinvestment Act
- USA PATRIOT Act/Customer Identification Program
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Truth in Lending Act
- Fair Lending Act
- FDICIA / FDIA
Through interviews and research, BRM tailors each program to the individual institution.
Third Party Opinion & Interpretation
BRM provides opinions and interpretations in the following areas:
- Federal Regulations
- Regulatory Findings
- Management Effectiveness
- Internal Controls
BRM provides on-site loan reviews and provides a institution specific credit analysis.
Training & Seminars
BRM provides training in the following areas:
- Specific Regulatory Acts
- Audit Committee
For large groups, BRM provides on-site seminars on regulatory issues.
BRM provides management consulting on a contract basis in the following areas:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Cease and Desist
BRM provides comprehensive operational and administrative examinations for trust areas of financial organizations. BRM employs the latest in audit workpapers and has many years of Trust administration and operations audits, including risk analysis models unique to this particular area.
BRM provides opinion and expert witness testimony in several areas specific to the financial industry. We have provided expert opinions in the area of regulatory compliance, safe and sound banking practices, common policy and procedure practices, and fraud. We provide written and oral testimony based on extensive research of existing regulations and current industry practices. Our opinions are based on many years of experience within these areas.